Planning a trip to Machu Picchu is exciting, but it can also be stressful. You want to make sure you get there, stay somewhere nice and avoid being ripped off by tour companies. That’s why I’m going to share with you some tips for an amazing trip!
How To Get There
You will want to get there as soon as possible. Machu Picchu is located in the Andes Mountains of Peru, which makes it quite the trek from anywhere else in South America. The nearest airport is in Cusco, which is about an hour away by car or bus. There are many ways to get there–you can hike up (or take a train), bike down, or even fly over with a helicopter tour!
The first thing you should do when planning your trip to Machu Picchu is book your accommodation. It’s important to get this done early, as there are limited options for lodging in Aguas Calientes and securing one of the few rooms with a view can be difficult. Try to book a room with a balcony or fireplace if possible–they’re both great places for taking photos! If you’re looking for something more luxurious, consider staying at one of the hotels that has a jacuzzi or private bathroom (and wifi).
What To Do In Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu is a UNESCO World Heritage site, the most visited tourist destination in Peru and one of the most popular destinations in South America. The city may have been abandoned for 400 years but it’s still packed with amazing sites and activities for you to enjoy.
- Hiking: There are many hiking trails that lead up to Machu Picchu from different areas nearby, so if you’re looking for something more strenuous than just walking around town then this is the perfect way to get some exercise while exploring new landscapes!
- Trekking: If hiking isn’t really your thing (or if it is), then try trekking instead! This involves walking through dense jungle areas while carrying all of your own supplies on your back; it’s not easy but it’ll definitely be worth it when you reach those beautiful views at the end!
Tips For The Best Machu Picchu Experience
- Get there early.
- Pack your passport, camera and phone.
- Take a picture of the sign at Machu Picchu Pueblo (the entrance) before you go inside! You’ll want to remember this moment for years to come!
- Don’t forget to take selfies at the top of Huayna Picchu Mountain and Machu Picchu Mountain!
Have an amazing trip to Machu Picchu by following these simple travel tips.
- Follow the rules.
- Don’t try to be a daredevil and climb over any barriers or fences, even if you think they look easy to get past. It’s not worth it!
- Take your time while on the Inca trail and don’t rush through it (although it can be tempting). The experience of reaching Machu Picchu is much better when you take your time, rather than rushing through everything in one day.
- If possible, avoid visiting during holidays as there will be more people around than usual–which means less room for error if something goes wrong!
We hope this article has helped you to plan a trip to Machu Picchu. If you have any questions or would like more information about our tours, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected]